Are you thinking about planning a summer road trip? Whether it be just a few miles to the beach or a trip up the continental coast, our Boca Raton personal injury attorney has a few recommendations that can help you prepare for a safe and fun summer road trip:
1. Plan your route well in advance. Check the weather so that there are no surprises and plan your departure time too.
2. Ensure that your vehicle is in good driving condition prior to your departure. If you’ve been driving less in the past year, take extra time to check your tire pressure, lights, brake pads, and fill up your gas tank! You don’t want to deal with any possible issues before your trip.
3. Make sure you have an emergency road kit in your vehicle. This might include an extra phone charger, flares, a window breaker / seat belt cutter, and other emergency items.
[READ MORE] I WAS IN A CAR ACCIDENT: WHAT DO I DO NOW?
4. If you have the option, don’t travel on holidays or choose to travel a couple days before the holiday to reduce your chances of being caught in heavy traffic. This will give you a window should any unforeseen traffic or issues arise.
5. Traveling during the morning or during daylight can lessen your chances of being in a car accident.
Unfortunately, no matter how prepared you may be, there is still a chance that a car accident may occur. If you are injured in a car accident, contact our Boca Raton car accident lawyer at Willis Law to learn what legal options you may have.