Did you know that according to Florida’s Integrated Report Exchange System and Florida’s Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, there are about 30,000 car accidents in the state each month? If you have been in a car accident, no matter how major or minor your injuries, car accidents can be complicated, stressful and traumatic. Here is a list of do’s and don’ts to keep in mind following a car accident.
- Do visit your doctor immediately after a car accident to address any possible injuries.
- Don’t wait to take action. Due to the statute of limitations in Florida, there is a limit as to how much time you have to pursue a case after a car accident. Also, there are time limits on receiving medical care if you want the medical bill paid by the insurance company.
- Do make sure that you’ve purchased auto insurance that includes PIP (personal injury protection) Insurance, which covers some of your medical bills and lost wages from an auto accident, and UM (uninsured motorist) Insurance to protect you if a negligent driver is uninsured or underinsured.
- Do check to see if you have grounds to file a personal injury or wrongful death claim after a car accident. If the other driver was at fault through some type of careless, reckless, or negligent behavior, you may be eligible.
- Don’t forget: If you need medical care, you must file a claim against your own PIP auto policy even if the driver who caused the crash fled the scene. The police or highway patrol may be able to track down the driver based on witness accounts, surveillance camera footage and other means, which will help establish his or her negligence.
For more than two and a half decades, hundreds of residents have trusted Boca Raton personal injury law firm Willis Law, P.A. to fight for them and recover compensation from insurance companies. Over the years, we have demonstrated an unparalleled commitment to standing up for clients and demanding insurance companies to pay the full amount owed.
If you have been in a car accident, please reach out to Boca Raton car accident law firm Willis Law today, and see how we can help you. A successful claim starts with the right car accident lawyer and it’s imperative that you turn to an experienced, dedicated professional. Visit our site: www.willislaw.com, or give us a call at 561-599-7300.