Meet John A. Willis
"I've never felt more passionate about recommending anyone, ever...plain and simple, he's a good guy!" - Client Review
John A. Willis was raised in New York, and he earned his bachelor's degree from Stony Brook University (SBU). Upon graduating college, he went to work for a large insurance company in New York. In 1991, John relocated to Florida and attended Nova Southeastern University Law Center where he earned his Juris Doctorate degree.
While attending law school, John had the honor of being a member of the Nova Law Review. The Review specifically trains its members in analysis, writing, and engaging in intensive legal research to prepare them for the rigors of legal practice. As a student at Nova Law School, he was a member of the Nova Moot Court Society, and he was the 1993 winner of the prestigious Feinrider Moot Court Competition.
In his last semester at law school, John worked full time for the Palm Beach County State Attorney's Office as a certified legal intern. While working in the State Attorney's Office, he successfully prosecuted six criminal jury trials.
20+ Years of Personal Injury Experience
Since earning his law degree in 1994, John has focused the majority of his practice on representing personal injury victims in civil tort actions. Over the last 20 years, he has personally handled hundreds of personal injury and insurance matters, including numerous jury trials held in Palm Beach and Broward County.
Insurance Company Background
When representing plaintiffs, John draws from his experience working for a large insurance company, an experience which gives him critical insight into the processes used by insurance companies to evaluate, devalue, deny, and settle personal injury claims. With an insider's advantage, he knows how to successfully negotiate and when necessary, litigate on behalf of injured individuals and policyholders.
John is admitted to practice law in Florida and New York. He is admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Florida. He is also admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, and the United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit.
The Florida courts have recognized John as an expert on reasonableness of attorney's fees and he has been retained by other Florida attorneys to testify as an expert in this area on numerous occasions.
Personal Life & Family
John resides in Parkland, Florida with his wife, former Miami Dolphins cheerleader and FAU graduate, Lori Willis, and their two sons. In his spare time, he enjoys playing a good round of golf, playing tennis and working on computers. As an avid sports fan, his favorite teams are the Miami Hurricanes, the Miami Dolphins, the Florida Panthers, and the Florida Marlins. Involved in their community, he and his wife participate in charitable activities for their church, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, the National Psoriasis Foundation, and the Multiple Sclerosis Society.
Achievements & Special Honors
- Recognized by Lawdragon.com as one of the top 3,000 plaintiff's attorneys in the U.S.
- 10 out of 10 Superb Rating by Avvo.com
- Featured in Who's Who in American Law, Who's Who in America, and Who's Who in the World
- American Registry of Outstanding Professionals
- Honored by Cystic Fibrosis Foundation as one of America's Best (2001)
- AV Preeminent® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum® (member)
- Voted The Best Attorney in the City of Boca Raton, by 45,000 readers of the Sun-Sentinel's Boca Raton Forum and West Boca Forum
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Elected as City Commissioner for the City of Parkland (2012)
- Past chair of the Florida Bar Grievance Committee "C" for the 15th Judicial Circuit
- Trial Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar
- American Justice Association
- Florida Justice Association
- Palm Beach County Justice Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- South Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- Parkland Chamber of Commerce